Snow White SocolofiCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Snow White Socolofi
The Snow White Socolofi (Pseudotropheus socolofi) is a freshwater fish of the family Cichlidae. They are the albino version of the Blue Pindani Cichlid. These species are native to the shallow waters of Lake Malawi, East Africa. They are also commonly referred to as Albino Pindani, Snow White, or Albino Labs.
The Snow White Socolofi is one of the most peaceful Pseudotropheus species. They are socially active and when placed in a community tank, they will get along with other non-aggressive fish species. However, like many other fish species, the Snow White Socolofi is a little bit territorial.
The Snow White Socolofi grows to approximately 6 inches (15cm) in length as adults. They, therefore, require a sizable tank of at least 30 gallons with water of temperature 24-26°C and a pH range of 7.5 to 8.5.
Live robust plants can be used in the tank as the Snow White Socolofi will not usually bother them. Sand and driftwood can also be added to the tank to provide ample hiding spaces and as a replication of their natural environment.
When taken proper care of, the Snow White Socolofi can live up to 5 years.
Scientific name: Pseudotropheus socolofi
Origin: Lake Malawi, Africa
Size at maturity: 6"
The Snow White Socolofi is a classic omnivore and will enjoy both meat and plant-based foods. They are very easy to feed since they are not choosey and will eat just about anything. A balanced diet should however be observed when feeding them to maintain their health.
Most suitable foods for the Snow White Socolofi include.
- Algae wafers
Meaty foods should be minimized in their diet as they mostly feed on algae from rocky surfaces. The Snow White Socolofi are enthusiastic eaters and should only be fed food they can consume in several minutes to prevent overfeeding.
The Snow White Socolofi is a very peaceful species and will get along with many other fish species that are of the same size and non-aggressive.
The most compatible fish species for the Snow White Socolofi are;
- Yellow Lab
- Kennyi Cichlids
- Zebra Obliquedens
- Red Zebra
Frequently Asked Questions
How big does the Snow White Socolofi get?
With proper care, which includes proper feeding and tank requirements, the Snow White Socolofi can reach a length of at least 6 inches (15 cm) as adults.
Are the Snow White Socolofi aggressive?
The Snow White Socolofi are not aggressive. They are known to be one of the most peaceful Pseudotrepheus species. They can however get a little bit territorial and a little bit aggressive during spawning.
What fish can be kept with the Snow White Socolofi?
The Snow White Socolofi is a peaceful species and gets along with most similarly-sized, non-aggressive fish species.
Most compatible tankmates for the Snow White Socolofi include; Yellow Lab, Kenyi Cichlids, Auratus, Zebra Obliquedens, and the Red Zebra
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.
Very pleased with my order !!