Albino White CloudCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Other common names: White Cloud Mountain Minnow
Scientific name: Tanichthys albonubes
Size at maturity: 1.5-2"
Breeding: egg layers
Temperament: docile, schooling
Albino White Clouds are a beautiful school fish that is great for virtually any community tank. Like most Tetras, Albino White Clouds enjoy schooling with other fish of the same or similar species. Their translucent white bodies with unmistakable red fins create a spectacular visual when schooling. Originally from Asia, Albino White Cloud enjoy sand bottoms, plants, small rocks or hiding places and driftwood. By offering an optimal environment, Albino White Cloud are able to grow up to 3” at maturity and have a life span of 2-4 years. Similar to other community-type fish, Albino White Cloud Minnows are omnivores which means they eat vegetation, other smaller fish, crustaceans, and bugs. When pairing a male and female Albino White Cloud Minnows may mate and lay eggs that will eventually hatch into young. Albino White Cloud while schooling fish, they still do great with other community fish of similar size and temperament. These fish are also known as Albino White Cloud Minnows and have a non-albino counterpart, the White Cloud (Minnow).
Feeds and Feeding
Our food of choice: Micro Wafers from Hikari
Similar to other community fish, the Albino White Cloud is an omnivore. This means that they eat vegetation along with smaller fish, crustaceans, and bugs. Typically a tropical fish flake or pellet has all the nutrients required for these fish to stay healthy. They can also be fed spirulina which is a vegetation that comes in the form of flake or pellet. Albino White Cloud can also be fed live or frozen foods such as bloodworms or brine shrimp.
Our tankmate of choice: Silvertip TetraAlbino White Cloud are very docile fish that are typically going to school with other fish of the same or similar species. A few excellent choices to pair with Albino White Cloud Tetras include Neon Tetras, Albino Glowlite Tetras, Pristella Tetras, and Albino Bushynose Plecos.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.