Salvini Cichlids are also known as Cichlasoma Salvini, Bright Salvini Cichlid, Salvin’s Cichlid, Fire Red Belly Cichlid, and Tricolor Cichlid. The fish originate from Honduras and southern Mexico. They thrive in warm waters with a temperature range of 720 to 790 F and are best in alkaline waters with a pH range of 7 to 8.
The body of the Salvini Cichlid sports yellow undertones with red and black patterns of color at the bottom and on the sides. The fish are colorful from a young age into maturity. They are omnivorous fish,.
The brightly colored fish have a wild origin and require a tank capacity of 20 gallons minimum. The fishes love rocky aquariums with sandy or gravel bottoms, roots, and rocks for nesting and territory creation; they enjoy hiding among crannies and nooks in the aquariums.
Salvini Cichlids can get along well with smaller-sized fish species because they are peaceful and non-aggressive. They can co-exist with smaller, aggressive fish or even fast swimmers.
Some good examples include Silver dollars, large danios, and other larger-sized Cichlids – blood parrot, convict cichlid, green terror, and more. They can also live peacefully with Plecostomus, Synodontis, and catfish.
Salvini Cichlids are omnivorous, feeding mostly on small insects and aquatic organisms found in the wild. Aquarium species feed on frozen, live, or even artificial fish foods. Tubifex, brine shrimps, and bloodworms make up special food supplements for Salvinis.
The fishes also eat flakes and pellets, including prepared fish food. They need a healthy diet to grow, enjoy good health, and reproduce. High-quality feeds with no additives and chemicals are recommended for Salvinis. You can also prepare homemade food using organic ingredients to feed these fish.
Are Salvini Cichlids aggressive?
Salvini Cichlids are more territorial and semi-aggressive. The predator fish can thrive in aquariums and community tanks. Although they can be aggressive towards smaller fish species, they can co-exist with larger Cichlids.
Fish species of the same size and temperament can also live peacefully with Salvinis. However, they become aggressive during breeding and may require separation.
How large do Salvini Cichlids grow?
Nandopsis Salvini or Salvini Cichlids is native to Central America and can grow to an adult size of 8 inches. They have a lifespan of about 15 years if kept in aquariums. The fish is aggressive towards smaller fish species, but can co-exist with larger Cichlids of the same temperament.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive.We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish butshipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer.If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be 2-day unless otherwise noted. We shipfish on Mondays and Tuesdays only (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping andensure they are healthy prior to arriving at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensurethey maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures thehealth and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only thecontinental United States and are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, must bephysical address.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive.We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense.If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.
Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish:What We Like About This Fish:⠀ Active, schooling community fish that thrives in planted aquariums⠀ Compatible with many invertebrates⠀ Adults display brilliant red and blue coloration⠀ Active and easy to feed