The Millennium Rainbowfish is a medium-sized tropical freshwater fish nature to the stream of Indonesia. This wonderfully colored gem of the region is an ideal choice for aquarists who want to add color and life to their tanks, as this species proves lively and energetic while not being aggressive. Furthermore, these fish have a lifespan of five years, which makes them ideal for tank life.
The Millennium Rainbowfish boasts a beautiful blood-red color in adulthood, with males of the species having a more pronounced color than the females. In addition, males are generally larger than females, with the average size of the species being four inches. The intensity of the red color depends heavily on the health and wellbeing of the fish, so an adequate diet is required to enjoy their most vibrant color.
The Millennium Rainbowfish is a naturally peaceful yet energetic species. This means that while they are not aggressive, they bring life and vitality to your fish tank. However, their energetic nature can cause disruptions with less active fish, who may respond with hostility. For this reason, experts recommend keeping this species with cousins of their species.
When choosing tankmates for the Millennium Rainbowfish, it is crucial to research the right balance of size, temperament, and relation to the species. This will ensure the tank remains peaceful and no agitation or conflict arises by the erratic behavior of the Millennium Rainbowfish. Suggestions for tankmates are cousins of the species who are equal in size and temperament.
The Millennium Rainbowfish is an omnivorous species in its natural habitat whose diet consists of varying plant and living matter. When in captivity, experts recommend tailoring their diet to reflect their natural environment as closely as possible. This will ensure your fish stays vibrant, healthy, and full of color for your tank.
The Millennium Rainbowfish is a robust and hardy species that does well with a variety of sustenance options. This is an excellent benefit for aquarists, and they will dine on most fish food. However, experts recommend providing a mixed diet of dried fish food and live food such as bloodworms, white worms, and brine shrimp. They should be fed two or three times a day.
How many Millennium Rainbowfish can be kept together?
Because these species are shoalers, experts recommend having six or more per tank.
How big do Millennium Rainbowfish get?
While males are generally larger, the average size of this species is four inches long.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive.We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish butshipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer.If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be 2-day unless otherwise noted. We shipfish on Mondays and Tuesdays only (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping andensure they are healthy prior to arriving at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensurethey maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures thehealth and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only thecontinental United States and are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, must bephysical address.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive.We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense.If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.
Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish:What We Like About This Fish:⠀ Active, schooling community fish that thrives in planted aquariums⠀ Compatible with many invertebrates⠀ Adults display brilliant red and blue coloration⠀ Active and easy to feed