Magenta Mystery SnailCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Mystery snails are fascinating animals that have a fantastic ability to clean up aquariums.
They not only keep the water looking good, but they also eat away waste and leftover food.
These soft-bodied mollusks come in various colors with unique shells and tentacles for catching prey items like other small invertebrates or algae from plants!
Mystery snails are unique and peaceful creatures, unlike any other in the world. They can breathe air through either their gills or their extendable breathing tube that they use to drink from above water's surface for an extra boost of oxygen.
When it comes time to breed, these creatures mate by locking themselves together with what looks like two small hooks on each side of them, which is how they're able to stay attached across distances when mating as well.
Mystery snails come in many different colors ranging from black/grayish shades up until pastel pink.
Mystery Snails Appearance
Mystery snails come in a variety of colors. The most popular is black and gold. They add a bright contrast to your freshwater tank.
These shells vary from solid, banded, gradient color with bright almost white head and foot color adding that pop of brightness desired for the aquarium!
The Characteristics of the Mystery Snail
Directly behind these long tentacles are their eyes which also help hunt for prey while alerting snails about the possible danger ahead - if they see something suspicious on land, water, or even through the air.
Below this is how they eat and drink: all around the mouth. Finally, there are arms equipped with suction cups called 'radula.'
Some snails have little interaction with the fish in their tank unless they are being eaten. This is one reason it's essential to keep peaceful species, like Tetras and Guppies, as neighbors who will allow them to mind their own business without trouble from predators.
If you're looking for a snail-themed aquarium, then consider Amano Shrimp, Cherry Shrimp, or Ghost shrimp, who'll also get along well with these gastropods while not harming any of your freshwater invertebrates!
Mystery snails will live peacefully with their tankmates and not interfere with other snails as long as there's enough room.
The Diet of The Mystery Snail
These snails are pretty skilled at finding food in even the most difficult of conditions. They will eat dead and rotting plants and graze on algae built up anywhere from rocks to sand. These scavengers know no limits when it comes to what they'll feed on!
In nature, these imperiled creatures can find sustenance both above ground with decomposing plant matter or underwater while grazing off of any algae build-up found there too.
Optimistic by their very nature, this means they have a wide range of what foods they could potentially munch down upon, which includes anything from rotten vegetation over to some lovely healthy green mosses if you need them too!
Freshwater snails are the best friends an aquarium could have. They come in various sizes and colors, but they all share one thing: being scavengers at heart! With their ability to tolerate small changes in water temperature and pH levels, freshwater snails make excellent additions to any tank or pond.
Are mystery snails good for your tank?
Short answer is for most tanks. Community setup tanks are the ideal aquarium for snails. Tanks with aggressive cichlids or predator fish are not suitable as the fihs may eat them!
How long do mystery snails live?
Mystery snails lifespan is generally about 2 years under optimal conditions. Factors that will influence how long they live would be: feeding them an optimal diet, compatible and non aggressive tankmates, and keeping water quality in a normal,accepted range.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.