Bosemani RainbowfishCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Bosemani Rainbow Fish
The Boesemani Rainbow Fish, also known as the Melanotaenia boesemani, is a medium-sized, colorful tropical fish found in the lakes of Indonesia. Their fantastic color scape and gentle behavior make them extremely popular to have as pets. In addition, they are extremely easy to care for, which makes them an ideal choice for a low-maintenance tank for your home.
While a gentle species capable of getting along with most fish, their erratic nature and size can cause anxiety with smaller, slow-moving fish. However, when healthy, these fish become very active and get along with their breed and most others. They range in size, with males tending to be larger at an average length of 4.5 inches long, while females rarely grow more than three inches long.
You can tell the difference between the sexes based on their color scheme. Males generally have brighter colors than their female counterparts on top of being larger.
In the wild, the range of the Boesemani Rainbow is normally small. They prefer the safety of the warm, shallow waters found in tropical Indonesia. For this reason, this species rarely encounters other fish. However, they are seldom aggressive and peacefully occupy tanks with other fish species when they do.
While the Boesemani Rainbow typically has a peaceful disposition, there are ideal tankmates for the species. The best tankmates should measure about the same size and have a similar behavior pattern. These species include the Danios, Corydoras, large Tetras, Tiger Barbs, and Rasboras. Boesemani Rainbows also get along well with each other; thus, having them share a tank is another viable option for keeping them as pets.
Boesemani Rainbows fall under the category of omnivores as they consume both animal and plant material. For this reason, it is crucial to maintain their diet in this way. In their natural habitat, they eat small amounts of plant matter and tiny insect larvae. In fact, they will consume almost anything they can fit into their little mouths.
While they can survive on dried plant food, these options often lose nutrients in their production, thus limiting their ability to nourish these fish properly. For best results with your Boesemani Rainbows, experts recommend a well-balanced mosquito larvae and daphnia diet for the best nutritional content. In addition, this diet will bring out the bright colors of the species.
How many Boesemani Rainbows can be kept in a tank together?
In general, it is best not to exceed six to eight fish in a single tank. Though they will get along together well, having more than this number can create competition for food and overcrowding.
How long do Boesemani Rainbows live?
This species of fish can live up to eight years in captivity.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.
it was great during business with you guys all fish arrived on time and safe as promised