Albino Tiger BarbCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Albino Tiger Barb Features
- Beautiful Gold and cream color with a hint of red thrown makes this fish stand out!
- Very active in your tank and are great in groups of 5
- Hardy fish that can handle a variety of water parameters!
Albino Tiger Barb Background Information
Scientific Name: Puntius tetrazona
Size at maturity: 3"
Breeding: Egg layers
Albino Tiger Barbs are a unique and brightly colored variation of the traditional Tiger Barb. With light yellow and white vertical stripes, Albino Tiger Barbs are an excellent pop of color for a Barb tank. While Albino Tiger Barbs are considered a community-type fish, they can occasionally be semi-aggressive and fin-nip other fish. Although this is a fairly common trait among Barbs, you should be mindful when adding them into your aquarium. Despite their semi-aggressive nature, Albino Tiger Barbs are great fish for schooling or by themselves. Even at full size, these fish will only grow to about 3” in length and have a lifespan of about 3-5 years. Like other community-type fish, Albino Tiger Barbs are omnivores. This means that they enjoy having both vegetation and meat or higher proteins in their diet. While in their native environment of Asia, Albino Tiger Barbs enjoy rocks, plants, and driftwood pieces to swim around.
Feeds and Feeding
Our food choice: Micro Wafers by Hikari
Albino Tiger Barbs are omnivores which means that they enjoy having both vegetation and meat or higher proteins in their diet. Typically a traditional tropical fish flake or small pellet provides all of the nutrients that an Albino Tiger Barb needs. Some like to feed strictly spirulina or another type of vegetation along with frozen or live food such as bloodworms or brine shrimp.
Albino Tiger Barbs are considered community fish and are frequently paired with other community fish such as Tiger Barbs, Blue Paradise Gouramis, or Rainbow Sharks. A few key points to remember when adding Albino Tiger Barbs to a tank is that they can be semi-aggressive and have fin-nipping tendencies.
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.