Albino Cherry BarbCountry of Origin: 🇺🇸USA
Albino Cherry Barbs are tropical freshwater fish native to Sri Lanka. Albino Cherry Barbs have some of the same basic patterns as their Cherry Barb counter part but they are more white or light yellow in color. Albino Cherry Barbs are more slender than traditional bards and reach around two inches when fully grown. Albino Cherry Barbs are peaceful creatures that make fantastic tankmates for other non-aggressive species like Neon Tetras and Molly Fish. They are very timid and easy to take care of, making them the perfect fish for newcomers and veterans alike.
As stated before, Albino Cherry Barbs are tranquil fish that get along with other peaceful species. They aren’t aggressive or territorial and enjoy the company of others. They’re schooling fish, so buy a few at a time to ensure they remain happy. They feel safer swimming in large groups of five or more and don’t fare well on their own.
Albino Cherry Barbs are omnivores and enjoy both meat-based and plant-based foods. Feeding them flake food with the occasional brine shrimp, bloodworms, and daphnia should satisfy their cravings while keeping them fit and healthy. They’ll even eat algae from time to time.
How many Albino Cherry Barbs should be kept together?
Since Albino Cherry Barbs are school fish, they need at least five other companions to remain happy. Having less than five puts unnecessary stress on the fish, making them shy and sometimes depressed. Also, make sure to give them plenty of swimming space since they are very active and prefer swimming in large groups.
What fish go well with Albino Cherry Barbs?
Albino Cherry Barbs are passive fish that pair well with other peaceful species. Fish like Neon Tetra, Molly Fish, and Dwarf Gourami get along with Albino Cherry Barbs exceedingly well.
Scientific Name: Puntius titteya
Origin: Sri Lanka
Temperament: Semi-aggressive (fin-nipper)
Breeding: Egg scatter
While this is a rare occurrence, it can and will happen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that every one will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fish arrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag within 2 hours of the delivery time of your fish. We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem.
We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We can replace fish but shipping costs is the responsibilityof the buyer. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures,within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolve the issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
Most Shipments will be UPS Next Day Air unless otherwise noted. Processing fish for your order can take up to 2 business days. This is to ensure your fish and healthy, happy, and ready to be put in your tank when it arrives. We ship fish on Mondays- Wednesday (excluding holidays) to ensure fish arrive before weekends. This allows us to completely prepare the fish for shipping and ensure they are healthy prior to arrive at your door. All fish will be shipped with oxygenated water and specific additives in the water to ensure they maintain their health and stability during shipment. Depending on the species of fish and current weather conditions, the fish may arrive with a heat pack or ice pack to maintain the optimal temperature which further ensures the health and safety of your fish. All costs of shipping (postage, packaging,heat/ice packs, etc.) are included in the Shipping fee. We ship to only the continental United States.
"The fish I received do not look like the fish in thepicture. Why is this?"
- We typically take photographs of one or two fish when we initially get them in. Since we have a large quantity of most of the various species of fish, it would be understandably impossible to provide a picture ofevery individual fish with a specific species. For some of our more rare orlarger fish, the picture listed may be the actual fish that you are receiving.If this is the case, it will be designated by ?WYSIWYG?, meaning ?what you see,is what you get?.
"What happens if my fish arrive dead?"
- While this is a rare occurrence, it can and willhappen from time to time. Fish are live animals and we cannot ensure that everyone will arrive alive or remain alive. We do ask that if your fisharrives dead (DOA), submit a picture of the deceased fish that is in the bag.We will work quickly with you to resolve the problem. We will offer replacement fish for any losses, but do not offer refunds at this time. We will reship any replacement fish at the buyer's expense. If you put the fish in your tank and it dies or is not acting properly, please contact us, with pictures, within 24 hours. We will again, do everything in our power to resolvethe issue and ensure that you have a great experience with these fish.
"What if I'm not home when the fish arrive?"
- We will always provide you with a tracking number. While the fish are packaged to survive about 72+ hours within the shipping containers, we do ask that you make arrangements to arrive home to inspect your fish as soon as possible after they are delivered to your home. Itis always suggested to provide an area for the delivery person to place the boxthat is out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
"What do I do with my fish once I've unpacked them?"
- Like you would with any new fish, let the entire bag float in your tank for 15-30 minutes. This allows the temperature withinthe bag to adjust to the same as your tank and will reduce temperature shock onthe fish. After this time, you can add all of the fish and water that is in thebag into your tank. The products used within the water for shipping will notharm any existing fish within your tank and actually makes the transition foryour new fish a bit easier. After this, expect your new fish to take a few daysto become fully adjusted, this includes hiding, floating at the top, sinking tothe bottom, and not eating. After a few days, your new fish should be acting aswimming like they normally would. At this point, enjoy your aquarium!
"I want to return my new fish because x,y,z?"
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns.We do recommend contacting us via email with yourorder number and as much information as possible. We will try to assist you inresolving whatever the issue may be.